Today’s post is a little bit different from the other ones I’ve been posting so far. This time it’s not about OCD, but about something much more cheerful: Blogger Recognition Award.
Maja has nominated me for Blogger Recognition Award and it means a lot to me: it’s very encouraging especially that I started blogging quite recently – only 2 weeks ago. So I’m extremely glad to hear that there are people out there who enjoy reading my posts and it’s a fantastic feeling to see that I can help others by sharing my stories.
So, Maja, (or dear neighbor, because I see you’re from Slovenia and I’m from Hungary so we’re actually neighbors :). Thank you very much once more, getting this recognition made my day and made me even more motivated to write.
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (Just in case you missed the hyperlink above: here’s the link to Maja’s blog: https://lampelina.wordpress.com/ )
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select up to fifteen bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment (or pingback) on each blog to let them know that you’ve nominated them, and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
How (and why?) did I start my blog?
I started my blog pretty recently and I feel that it’s been a very good decision. I’ve been suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder ever since I was a teenager and I still remember how much it helped me at the beginning of my OCD journey to read about other people’s experiences. So a few weeks ago I started thinking about creating a blog and sharing my stories and thoughts with others.
2 pieces of advice
Now, this is a hard one. I’m still pretty new to blogging and I am not sure whether I am the best person to give you an advice but what I think is important:
– Be yourself: every person has a different personality and a different perception and understanding of things – and that’s exactly what makes the world a very interesting and colorful place. So all of you should be proud of who you are and share your views and ideas with others!
– Listen to your heart: write about something that you are passionate about. Life is too short to spend on things you do not like doing ! 🙂
And finally: my nominees
According to the rules, I can only pick 15 blogs – and it’s extremely difficult for me to make such a short list as all of the blogs I came across are simply amazing. But here is my list:
Tornado of Chaos
DSM (Defeating Stigma Mindfully)
How to be cool
Mental Health @ Home
Fractured Faith Blog
The Other Stuff
Food for Thoughts
Crow On The Wire
The Godly Chic Diaries
Thank you all for sharing your stories, ideas and thoughts as there’s one more thing that I enjoy more than writing: reading your posts!